GLOVE RADAR® FEATURES
· The Glove Radar® is a great training device, providing velocity measurements that help develop the throwing skills of infielders, outfielders, and catchers, as well as pitchers.
· It is a very low power radar that attaches to the back of any ball glove and can "see" through the glove.
It measures the speed of the ball within 2 feet of the glove. Note that the ball slows down at about 1 mph for each 7 feet of travel, according to Prof. Adair in "The Physics of Baseball". Therfore release speed will be higher than the ball speed into the glove, depending upon the distance that the ball travels. However, the importance of the measurement is not whether the measured speed is release speed, out of the throwers hand, or the speed of the ball as it is caught, but is the RELATIVE speed of one throw compared to the next or previous; how much does a pitcher take off of the fastball for a good change-up; how do the speeds of breaking balls compare to the fastball; how much improvement does a player gain by throwing with the proper mechanics. This immediate feedback reinforces the coaches instructions to use good throwing mechanics.
· The Glove Radar® is not an impact sensor or timer but is an actual Doppler radar, like conventional hand-held sports and police radar speed guns.
· Glove Radar® accuracy is comparable to that of the more expensive radar guns when measuring ball speed in the same relative location (into the glove).
· The Glove Radar® can survive the pounding of repeated ball impacts when attached behind the glove fingers or thumb.
· Throw from any distance and measure the speed of the ball just before it is caught. Measure speeds from 12 mph to over 100 mph.
· NO NEED FOR A THIRD PERSON to hold/operate a measuring device.
· No need to use a special ball. Use the same ball that you play and practice with.
· Priced at only $79.95, it is affordable for players, parents and coaches, and is a great gift. OVER 27,000 GLOVE RADARS® NOW IN USE!!
· Everyone has fun using the Glove Radar®. Tie it on YOUR glove and turn it into your own radar speed gun!!
Glove Radar® is authorized for sale in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the Common European Market